24 January 2008 @ 11:42Speed Dial for your iPhone
Cre.ations.net has posted instructions on how to make a Web Clip speed dial button for your iPhone’s home screen. I just tried it myself, and it does indeed work.
If the instructions on Fernandes’ site aren’t clear, here is my summary:
- Download call.txt and rename it to call.php
- Upload call.php to your webserver.
- On your iPhone, go to the following URL (replacing mydomain.com with your actual domain, replacing 1112223333 with the number you want to speed dial, and replacing imageforwebclipicon.jpg with a URL for a graphic to use for the icon):
- When you see a “Call” popup, press Cancel
- Press the + button at the bottom of the Safari window
- Press “Add to Home Screen”
- Give your new Speed Dial button a name
Now when you want to dial that number, simply press its icon from the home screen and press call.